At EcoPure Waters, we are passionate about protecting the planet and preserving both its natural beauty and resources for future generations. That is why we are committed to taking part in tomorrow’s International Plastic Free Day! Find out how and why we are getting involved, and how you can too, by reading below.
Plastic Pollution: A Big Problem for Our Planet
Single-use plastics are one of the biggest environmental challenges we face today. According to the United Nations, more than 8 million tons of plastic end up in our oceans every year, harming marine life and ecosystems. Plastic pollution not only affects wildlife, but also has a significant impact on human health and the economy.
Did you know that:
- It can take up to 500 years for a plastic bag to degrade in landfill?
- 91% of plastic waste has never been recycled?
- By 2050, there could be more plastic in the ocean than fish?
These statistics are alarming, but the good news is that we can all make a difference by reducing our use of single-use plastic.
Join the Movement: Let’s Say Goodbye to Single-Use Plastic
International Plastic Free Day is an opportunity for everyone to take action and make a positive impact on the environment. By taking part, we can raise awareness about the harmful effects of plastic pollution and encourage others to join us in our efforts to reduce single-use plastics.
Below are some suggestions that have become commonplace at EcoPure Waters, which could be a good starting point for your own Plastic Free Day commitments:
- Bring your own reusable water bottle to work instead of buying bottled water (at our office, we are fortunate to have an EcoPure Waters water system and a ready supply of reusable bottles, but reusable bottles are widely available and often come at a reasonable price – it’s an easy step towards reducing single-use plastic and staying hydrated throughout the day)!
- Use reusable grocery bags instead of plastic bags
- Say no to straws or bring your own reusable straw
- Avoid single-use cutlery and bring your own reusable utensils
- When buying lunch, choose products with minimal packaging or packaging made from sustainable materials
Spreading the Word
Encouraging others to take part in International Plastic Free Day is crucial for creating a movement towards a more sustainable world. By working together, we can make a significant impact on reducing plastic waste and protecting the planet.
At EcoPure Waters, we believe that every business has a responsibility to reduce their plastic footprint. That’s why we are committed to not only reducing our own use of single-use plastics but also encouraging our clients and partners to do the same.
Ditch the Bottle: Our Sustainable Solution
As a provider of water filtration systems and reusable glass bottles for the hospitality industry, EcoPure Waters is committed to offering sustainable alternatives to single-use plastic bottles. Our water filtration systems provide a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution to bottled water, while our reusable glass bottles are durable, stylish, and can be used over and over again.
By offering these products, including our reusable glass swing-stopper bottles, to our clients, we are helping them reduce their plastic footprint and, in some cases, embrace a plastic-free ethos.
Together We Can Make a Difference
“At EcoPure Waters, we are committed to creating a sustainable future for all”, said Paul Proctor, Managing Director of EcoPure Waters. “International Plastic Free Day is a great opportunity for everyone to take action and make a positive impact on the environment. By reducing our use of single-use plastic, we can help protect our oceans and wildlife, and create a cleaner, healthier planet for future generations.
“We are proud to be part of this movement towards a more environmentally responsible world, and we encourage others to join us in our efforts”.
To find out more about International Plastic Free Day, visit Free the Ocean’s website here.